20060625

Red or Blue?



So She finally cleared her diary and we had a Girls' Day Out. First we dealt with the new emails from registrants for the Westie Walk, then we had morning tea and then we went shopping! I needed another jacket because it's been raining so much, my jacket would get wet on the pooscapade and then I wouldn't have anything to wear to stay cosy and warm while watching TV. So off we went. The first store is a great deparment store - they have lots of stuff and everything is at eye level, allowing intrepid shoppers like me to sniff out any good buys and of course, try out anything that is within reach. The jackets were OK, we were looking for a fleecy one rather than a rain one, but they all had arm holes. Now, I don't do arm holes, so that whole range was ruled out in an instant, and of course, there was nothing in my color.

So I got to stroll around and visit with the kittens and birds and the toys and the treats and then we headed off to Pets Planet. Now Pets Planet are sponsoring the Westie Walk with a Prize and it really is one of the Better Shops. We got a nice welcome from the Staff because they recognised me from when I went to secure sponsorship. The jacket range was smaller, but they had a jacket in my size exactly like the one I've got, only it was blue. I don't know about you, but when you find a cut and style that suits, I reckon you should get 2 or 3 in different colors ....so that's what we did. Now I can't decide if I'm a blue girl or a red girl, but either way, I have a dry jacket when I come in from the rain at night now. Please comment on whether you think I'm blue or red...

I got to stroll the aisles of Pets Planet too and picked up a new non-skid mat for the living room. It looks as plush as the Persian Rug (tones in well too) and it's just for me! Also, now that I've mastered the "on your mat" instruction from whenever and wherever its issued, when I land with a flying leap on the mat, I don't get a slide half way across the floor...As much as They love snowboarding, it's not for me...at least not on a mat in the living room! The lady at the Fish Section thought I was the best behaved Westie she had ever seen and of course, She beamed with pride and made sure I demonstrated my repertoire flawlessly as I tested the mat. I was enjoying the morning, so I decided to cooperate.

After that we went home spent and satisfied and laden with packages. All good.... Later on the Pooscapade we did some running around on the field nearby and then we watched 24 on TV. I got to lie on Their laps and all in all it was a Dog's Day!

1 Comments:

At 26/6/06 23:41, Blogger ShutterFreak said...

Now this is a hard decision for me to make ... red or blue? You look so very fashionable in either color. However, red is a little flashy for my taste so I will go with the blue jacket :o)

Your shopping trip must have been a great time for you .... checking out all of the new "doggie" stuff! Your Mom really treats you nicely. So does mine but I very seldom get to go shopping and pick out my own jackets and sweaters! I'm gonna have to start nagging her about that!!

WOOF WOOF from Albie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home