20060509

Oops! (that's almost poos backward...)

I got in trouble today. I got a bit excited when the landscaper came by with his design. See as he was leaving She told me to go into a down and stay which I did, but then She opened the gate and another dog walked by and I just couldn't help myself - I leapt out and ran away into the world. She almost got me, but I tossed Her one of those you'll have to catch me first looks and darted off again. She turned away, and rightly so, because if She doesn't chase after me, I usually go back after Her, but not this time. There were dogs everywhere and I wanted to go and say hullo. So I went and sat at the kerbside as I have been trained to do when I get to the road, and then zooted off ignoring the possibility of traffic to a friendly looking fluffy white thing, just the kind of friend I like playing with... Anyway She had already realised what I was about to do, so I thought I would throw that little sit in at the kerbside to appease any despair I was causing, but it didn't help. When She caught up to me trying to get the fluffy thing's owner to let her down for a play, She snaffled me and ran back across the road. I got berated and growled at.

She was humiliated in front of the landscaper who watched all this developing with an initial bemused and then amused expression on his face. Meanwhile, his dog Chubbs was calmly sitting in the front seat of the truck as all well behaved dogs on the job with their owners are trained to do. Maybe one day I'll be that good. Anyway, I know I'm still in trouble because I got dragged around the neighborhood at high speed for my walk after that and was made to wait long periods of time at the kerbside for absolutely NO cars to be seen in either direction and She hardly said a word except barking commands at me. She did give me some grapes later, but I can tell I'm still in trouble. Once at school (see photo) I embarrassed Him so much when I barked my head off the whole lesson and made the teacher so mad He had to take me out the class and watch from the sidelines.
Anyway the good news is the garden design is kinda cool, but the water feature needs a little work. I might find myself learning to dog paddle and chase fish if it doesn't get altered, but They're on to that already and I'm sure it will be amended if They go with that plan.

1 Comments:

At 10/5/06 11:32, Blogger Unknown said...

Well done on the escape Maggie. When do we see your design for the landscaping? I hope you are adding all the features you want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home