20060512

BARF

I'm back in the good books! I have been behaving for a couple of days now with no sign of escaping when They're not looking and except for the odd bark to make sure They know I'm around, I'll keep this up for a bit to lull Them into a false sense of security...

I was allowed to potter round the yard and I found one of my bones I'd buried a while back. It was quite a while, judging by its appearance, but it was good to sink my teeth into all that dirt and some tasty little ants. Digging it up was the best part. She had to stop me trying to bury it again in my Poo Patch (you know, She's such a neat freak She can't stand it when I dig up even just a teeny tiny corner of the Patch)

Which brings me on to my diet. I get the BARF diet and it's to Die For. It was made up by an Australian doggy doctor who knows a thing or two about what dogs like to eat. I will do anything to get my food. She makes me wait all still and quiet for a time before She let's me near the bowl. It's quite hard work when you've been waiting all day or all night for something to eat to resist the excited barking and jumping up to make Her hurry up and get it ready. But no matter how much of a racquet I make, I have to wait quietly once the bowl's down on the ground, otherwise I get in trouble and I have to wait longer.

Yesterday I got new crockery. It's a cool stainless steel bowl with a rubber ring on the bottom so it doesn't move around while I lick it clean. This is the Villeroy and Boche of doggy bowls, so even though I'm always in trouble, she must love me...

I love Wednesdays and Thursdays, I get Macca's - yeah its so cool; its mackeral and it tasts SO yummy. He always complains when I get it because it smells, but I love it. I also get chicken wings and lamb flaps and chicken mince and veggies and a Whole Bunch of herbs and spices - omega oils, Brewers yeast, kelp, crushed egg shell, vit C, vit E, alfalfa. I have a really beautiful coat, Uncle Chris said, and he also said I have snowy teeth. I tell ya, bin those top end pellets, dogs in the know insist on the BARF diet. Now this isn't part of my diet (She hates bugs and reptiles and things, so she won't get it for me when She's out hunting) but this is why She gives me the BARF diet - we need to eat like dogs eat when they live in the wop wops. Personally I'm glad I don't - I like to get my stuff delivered on a platter, but if you know, something edible comes by, it's not like I'm going to pass it up, is it...

As to when I don't have a buried bone or a fresh one, I get these great rawhide bones to chew on. She calls is "reading my book" because I can get quite absorbed in the task and go on for hours. I can demolish a new one in an evening if the will grabs me. She likes me to have them to keep my teeth clean and to keep me busy so I stay out of trouble. Sometimes we have some quality time and She holds it still for me, 'cos when I get to gnawing on it hard, it gets difficult to keep it upright, especially near the middle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home