20060612

In training

I told you guys about my Million Paws Walk day out, didn't I, so here are the photos (belatedly as previously explained). Now the Paws Walk was training for the Westie Walk, and hopefully you are well advanced in your training by now, dragging your Pack out daily - its good for Them too you know, a walk with a Westie beats an hour not walking with a Westie. People smile at Them and say nice things about me, making Them really proud. And I get lots of praise for sitting at the roadside and ignoring dogs who bark at me when I go past. It's because those dogs want to be Westies and have fun walks like me, you know, so I don't have to bark back. So anyway, I didn't get round to making certificates like the one I got (see photo!!), but like I said, I've collected a whole bunch of spot prizes to give away and the good news is nearly all of them are ONLY for us Westies and our friends. I included some for your Packs, because well, we kinda need our Packs huh?

The photos came out really well, not only do they show my new friend Salty, but they show what it could be like if a whole bunch of Westies (and wannabees, do you see that Labrador trying to look like a Westie ???...and see me there in front leading the field!) showed up for the Westie Walk. Also, they show you how it's necessary to keep hydrated when exercising. Of course, I have my own portable drinking bowl which comes on long walks because I won't drink from a bowl with a whole lot of dog slobber in it. And I don't share either. But on the Westie Walk there are taps along the way for others to drink from and for Them to fill up my bowl. We have to save water these days you know, so They aren't going to just leave water lying around. If only those level 3 restrictions included a law for not washing dogs, I'd be wrapped, but it just says roofs and vehicles to be washed with buckets and no hoses for the yard. Except my yard can have 14 days of water because it's new and when Chubb's dad gets done this week, I'll be allowed in it! Can't wait to show you what it's going to be like. All the Larry Lizards will come back from vacation and maybe they'll bring some friends....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home