20060629

Antipoodean Pooch

I've stopped training for the soccer world cup. Uncle Guus was going to have me run out at the final as the Antipoodean Pooch, but well, since Chipperfield missed his chips and Harry was out with the gout, I lost my shot at instant international stardom.
So now I'm dreaming about doing something at Wimbledon. I'm kinda good at being a ball girl, so I'll just practice a bit more this week and then post my photo and hopefully, Rafa will ask me to be his Poosonal Ball Girl. I would have loved to dash about on the dirt at Roland Garros, and of course the way the yard used to be, it was the perfect practice court. I was kept out of there, I think because She hates it when I bring dirt into the house. Now we have 'lawns' laid, She probably wanted me off that too, so I wouldn't rip them up tearing around practising chasing Rafa's heavy topspinners. She's kept me distracted with the dribbling and trapping the soccer ball right, but that novelty has seriously worn off. I do pretty well on hard courts with tennis balls, but everyone has to try Wimbledon, huh!
So Winona called and told me we Westies and Wannabees raised $195 all told. I think that's an Awesome Effort for An Inaugural Event! Thanks Everyone! Winona's Crew is having an Open Day on 9 July, so you might want to pay her Pack a visit for a fun day out and learn a few Seeing Eye Dog tricks. As our profile grows I'm sure more of our Clan will turn up to Wilston Westie Walkers events and we'll be the most Desireable and Generous Social Club on the World Wide Web and even Bill Gates will have to invite us to be part of his philanthropic empire to have any credibility.

I have started thinking about the Wilston Westie Walkers Christmas Event. Let me know if you have any ideas - it'll probably be early in the morning in late November so we don't become the Wilting Westie Walkers... Book your groomers appointment now Folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home