20090804

It is possible to have too much fun!

I've finally emerged from my state of overwhelming exhaustion following my long anticipated visit to Aunty Kim, Uncle Paul, Tiffany and Marlee-Jane. A few weekends ago we stopped by their house, but noone was home. Much to my embarrasment, She let Aunty Kim know how disappointed I had been, and practically invited ourselves over. But Aunty Kim is very kind and she arranged for us to visit this weekend gone by. Now I didn't know that, so you can imagine my delight when I got ushered into the car bearing gifts. I personally picked out the one for Tiff and Marlee, but that doesn't mean I didn't have an interest in it myself, being edible and all...

Anyway, the miles whizzed by and it was soon exit 20. I know where that is (I'm good with directions), and I am sure to let Him know, because He always says He knows where He's going, but actually has No Idea. Then She gets annoyed because we go round in circles or miss the turn or Whatever, and then there's some raised voices and then ultimately silence and I don't get to go where we were going.

So when We pulled up everyone was waiting for me. But I was so excited I bowled them all over and raced around leaving pee - mail in my favorite haunts and reacquainting myself with all my favorite spots in and out the house. I barked and barked and generally just ran around like a mad thing until I had to make my I'm-so-excited-I-have-to-poop poo. It was with some consternation that I noticed the poo patch out front is now pebbled, but I chose a discrete, distant corner and She dutifully made sure my present wasn't left behind for some unsuspecting passer by.

Since I was there on vacation, there have been some other changes. The budgie barks regularly and if I didn't know better would be completely fooled into thinking there was another pooch on the premises. Uncle Paul turned his deft DIY hand to some bifold doors which when folded back I learnt the hard way by knockin' my noggin on the glass, make the garden seem twice as big ... Uncle Paul also got a flash red Mustang for his birthday, but try as I might, I wasn't allowed to go in and check it out.

Also, much to my surprise and delight was Aunty Kim's neighbour Maggie was there. Maggie is just like me, bright, beautiful and full of fun! She babysat me, Tiff and Marlee the first night of my vacation at Aunty Kim's and Uncle Paul's, but she pointed out that I never so much as gave her a mention! Even with my extensive imagination, I can't come up with an excuse, so I'm sorry Aunty Maggie, and I do love being around you!

So after watching dance video (actually me, Tiff and Marlee were just tussling it out for the best spot on the bed to watch said dance video), scoring scraps from the beautiful lunch, and performing my repertoire of tricks designed to impress, all too soon it was time to go home. It's fair to say I collapsed in a heap that evening



There were absolutely no signs of life the following day...








Late in the piece I moved a shade when the word "Dinner" was yelled out







But immediately after that, once again I couldn't keep my eyes open... So its absolutely true, I can have too much fun! And losing a day is a small price to pay.

1 Comments:

At 20/8/09 08:12, Blogger ShutterFreak said...

You get cuter each time I see photos of you. You know, I read a lot of blogs but this blog puts the biggest smile on my face ... none of the others can compare with you .. you are the sweetest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home