20090504

Big Day Out

Hey Folks

It's true - there is a pot of gold...









There I was mooching about waiting for something exciting to happen. They kept it quiet (although it could have been the case that I wasn't quiet enough myself to pay attention to the Secret Dog Owners Business) but I had a Big Day Out the other day!

I should have guessed because He got me out of bed while there was still a moon and stars in the sky and He took me down dark and dangerous streets... It was somewhat confusing because even though I couldn't see anything, I could detect evidence of my previous presence on the very same streets. I am accustomed to leaving Pee-Mail for myself, in case I ever get out and need to find my way around, or alternately, as a means of networking with other locals, and I recognised some regular mail boxes en route.

Anyway, it was still dark when we got home, my ablutions were attended to, and She was already up with my breakfast waiting. The car was packed and all my gear was bundled in. I need a lot of things, treats, poo bags, car seat cover, safety harness, portable water bowl, towel, lead, music collection.... the list goes on, but by then I knew what was up, and supervised as closely as I could to make sure it was going to be a great road trip!

And so it was:

I got taken out for breakfast (table reserved right at the entrance so that all the customers could admire me)









I got taken to the beach and got to race around. I obeyed all the rules. I had pooped at the service station facilities long before I got to the beach, and I was on my lead as the sign requires...


















I collapsed in euphoric exhaustion









I went to several vantage points to appreciate the beautiful coast line









I got roast chicken for the picnic lunch which always puts a smile on my dial









I got treats for being so good although it didn't stop me trying to help myself to more...









I slept the whole way home

1 Comments:

At 10/5/09 23:46, Blogger Fury and Fiona said...

Seems like you had a really fun day! I haven't traveled much lately... you know how it is with 2 pups getting into everything. But when I have the time I do enjoy reading what you're up too. Please stop by Westies Gone Wild and see the photos of my little darlings that I just added.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home