20081218

White Christmas!

No, its not what you think! It's about as far from snowflakes as you can get around here. Stinking hot, and She said I stink... yes, I've been doing dog things, as you might expect - hunting lizards and patrolling the garden and playing over at Eric, Elsie and Max's house (more about that later) and supervising the tree loppers.

She leaves the airconditioning on for me during the day, which worryingly is increasing my carbon footprint beyond just my gaseous emissions. But its so hot, and She worries She'd come home and find a Poached Pooch. Anyway, I have my own carbon trading scheme - my poops are environmentally friendly because I eat raw unprocessed food.

Sigh, I digress - so She said I stink and after Her run this morning, She tossed me in the tub for a Pooch Pamper session. She lays out the towel with treats on it, so I can peck away while She gets organised. She leaves the remaining treats in a pile out of reach where I can be sure to see them and She starts by washing my feet, then my tail, then the rest of me with my head last. She stays in Her running clothes because She also gets kinda wet - I mean what does She think, treats will stop me splashing and wriggling and shaking? Anyway, we have fun and we play after for a bit, before She goes and has Her own shower. So now I'm snowy again, just in time for Christmas!

So about what happened to me when I went to Eric, Elsie and Max's house earlier in the week. Now I know Aunty Amanda loves me, but I think she's teaching me a lesson for barking so much when I'm over there.

After all, it wasn't that long ago she brought me that stuff from Hong Kong, and now this....






However, Eric, Elsie and Max had to suffer too, but they told me secretly that she has these "episodes" and they just go with it, because well you know, she loves them and feeds them and chauffers them to their own beach house and all that stuff. So, I figure, if it makes Aunty Amanda happy, I'll find a way for it to make me happy. Eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home