20080717

"For every end there is a beginning"

It feels like the World is Ending ... See next week, Eric, Elsie and Max are going on vacation with their Pack Leaders to a Dog Friendly Holiday House. Which is actually really a good thing for their Pack Leaders, because they need a break, seriously!

Not only do they have to put up with me letting them know any time anything's happening at my place, but as you all know, they have to put up with me on Purple Bag Day too. PBD is actually Wednesday, and is so called because She is often home late from work that day and so She makes her lunch ( I get to help with Quality Control!) and takes it in The Purple Bag. The moment I see the Purple Bag, I SO know I'm going next door to play so that I don't get lonely all by myself. It's very good of them to have me...

Luckily for me, on PBD, I go to Eric, Elsie and Max's house at 6:45 and get picked up about 10 hours later, much to their relief. I eat and go straight to sleep until the next morning! Its a Big Day for all concerned. She keeps offering to trade me for Elsie, but no bites yet...

So Anyway, now that Eric, Elsie and Max and their Pack Leaders will be gone for a few PBD's, life looks pretty bleak. Ho Hum.

But that's where there is a beginning! Being a cup half full sort of a dog, I've managed to wangle a sleepover with some of my mates from Westie Walkers! She tells me not to get too excited about it becoming a regular event, because noone in their right mind would put up with my barking if they didn't have to, no matter how cute I am. See, my Pack Leaders are going to see the All Blacks play while Eric, Elsie and Max are away, and so They have to put me somewhere. For an out of town event like that, I usually sleepover next door, but because they're away, Plan B came into being...

Indy (in blue) and Scarlett (in pink) said I could stay at them. Indy's been coming to Westie Walkers since it started out, even when he had to be pushed in a pushchair because he hurt his leg, and Scarlett got added to the Pack at last year's Year End Fundraiser when she was just a puppy looking for a home. They are great fun!

We all 3 got together at the Dog Park the other weekend.







In between having a great time running around and playing, well, me and Scarlett anyway, we found a lost dog. He was a lot bigger than us, but we kept him interested with our charm, personality and barking, until his pack leader came along after we called the number on his name tag.

Unfortunately, Indy strained his leg, so we stopped playing. It was actually a relief because I still had to walk all the way home... I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to keep up with Scarlett when I go over there! She's not even a year old yet, but I'm lucky I'm so fit for my age (Almost 4!) because I reckon I'll be worn out by the time They get back to pick me up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home