20080429

My Friends are My World

Hi there

They are the luckiest Doggie Owners in the World because They have me (if I may say so...), and I am the luckiest Westie in the World because I have so many Wonderful Friends.

First there's my NBF, Max. I love Max and follow him around unashamedly. Last weekend he got tossed over the fence with my Best Friends (and his brother and sister) Eric and Elsie to play for a while. I chased him mercilessly and it didn't take long before he stood at the fence and asked to go home for a rest....



After that, I sat forlornly at the fence waiting for the next time I could flirt with Max.

But then, my prayers were answered and to my delight, I got to have a 3 day vacation at my favorite destination, Next Door - where Elsie, Eric and Max live. I could barely contain myself at the prospect of 3 whole days with them!
Its because there are like No Rules, I can go on the furniture, I get fed before the sun goes down, and I can pick whatever bed I like (even if it's their Pack Leader Amanda's).




In preparation, She packed my bag with all my personal items, prepared and labelled all my meals for each day and typed up a list of My Foibles (I was only allowed one page because Amanda has to look after 3 of her own dogs and I was told that I had to be on my best behaviour otherwise I wouldn't be allowed back for my weekly play-dates). Then She said the Magic Words - "In your crate!"- and after I complied without a moment's hesitation, She took me and all My Stuff over Next Door and left me there without a backward glance... I think I'd like a matching luggage set for my next birthday...

The 3 days flew by in a blur. Elsie, Eric, Max and I had the best time ever! I haven't slept so well in months. And Max shared the couch with me!!! But then They appeared, and I was kinda happy to see Them. I don't think They could have lasted much longer without me. It's not like They were off snowboarding or anything. But no sooner had I accepted I was back to Life With Rules, when the 3 Magic Words came up again!

Yup, 3 hours later I was off again! And where to? The Westie Walkers Simply Social 2 for 2008. We didn't know how many Westies would show up because noone actually emailed me and said they were coming. But I couldn't believe it when 42 other Westies, 2 Honorary Westies (Chloe and Perry) and 2 Wannabe Westies showed up! It was Awesome!!!

But best of all, my old friend Angus showed up having survived an Alsation attack when he stuck his nose under the fence just being sociable (as you do...). Luckily he only needed 3 stitches!





My new friend and namesake Maggie who was "lost" for nearly 5 weeks and then found came to meet us all was there. She sure has some special social skills Angus might want to adopt when encountering Big Black Dogs...

Now, unfortunately, He was left in charge of the camera while She and I met and greeted everyone, so I didn't get all the photos I needed. So because I can't show you, here are some special mentions:

My friend and fellow Westie Walker Nolan acquired an older brother Whiskey, who needed a new home, and came along to meet his ready made bunch of buddies.

And Pearl and Puppy Lotus spent nearly 2 hours in the long weekend traffic just to join us for the walk and then go home.

So all in all, it was a Whopper of a Weekend and the best thing of all is it's already time for my weekly play-date!

See ya.

3 Comments:

At 3/5/08 01:20, Blogger MissKelly said...

Love that shot of the beds all laid out in a line !!!

 
At 5/5/08 19:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Maggie

I am pleased to say I have had my stitches removed and my nose is not so itchy anymore. I still have my good sense of smell. My owner calls me 'Scare faced Angus' and says I am still just as inquisitive as ever.

Your old friend Angus

 
At 9/5/08 06:30, Blogger Steve sculpts critters said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home