20071204

Maggie's Kitchen Episode 2

Well, I figured with the Hollywood Scriptwriter's strike going on indefinitely, I thought you could do with some quality material and decided it was time to bring you Episode 2 of Maggie's Kitchen. Just in time for Christmas preparations too. You know, us doggies like a banquet, and its important not to feed us the fatty, gravy coated scraps from the Pack Table. Cooked bones aren't good for us dogs either, no matter how good that BBQ smells!

So last time we covered my basic vegetable side dish. The vegetables accompany all my meals, although its not necessary to do it like that. You could for example, have your whole vegetable allowance as a meal either in the morning or evening. Generally speaking, my food portions are calculated as a % of my body weight, but I always get my daily allowance, well, daily.

Some Dog Food experts advocate a day of fasting or a day where a dog could just have a Big Bone to chew, but being a foodie, I don't respond well to missing meals and They would rather not hear about it...and believe me, They'd hear about it. As you can see here, I'll eat my meal before I get stuck into a bone any day! That's because my meals are so scrummy! Of course, I'll take food any time it's on offer, or even if it's not...


So the next thing I'm going to show you is how to make veal or lamb meals. First She goes out hunting and gets lamb and veal. Then She cuts the slabs up into bite size chunks so that I don't swallow the whole lot - because I do try to eat as fast as I can when I get it. She makes little packs of exactly the right amount for a meal.



As Head Chef and Floor Supervisor, I watch over the whole process. It's entirely possible that if the portion is not quite the right weight, I will get a random taste to ensure consistent quality across all packets. Then She puts them away in my freezer drawer in ordered piles. If She could, She would use Her labeller, but despite Her need to label, pack, tidy and color coordinate everything in the house, even She can see that meat is meat and vegetables are vegetables, so She doesn't label the packets. Some days I'm just grateful I don't have a label stuck to me saying "Dog - Maggie"...

I love my lamb or veal meals. She often adds a sliver of avocado to provide omega oils. I do love avocado mmmm.






But at meal times I have to wait until She says I can eat before I get to tuck in. Like cutting the meat up, it's one of Her strategies to make sure I don't inhale my food, so to speak. If I bark on the way from Maggie's Kitchen to my deck, I have to wait longer. I try Really hard not to bark, but sometimes I get pretty excited about the prospect of food! She stands next to me and when I've been quiet and good, She gives a nod or says OK and I scamper over to my bowl and down the hatch it goes! Yum!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home