20070822

The Fence Line


Hello

Well I got in trouble again. See, She was toiling away in my Adventure Playground fertilising the flower beds in anticipation of some rare impending rain, and I of course, was patrolling the borders. Its what I do best, you know, and it reaps rewards.

Now let me fill you in on a little history. Eric and Elsie live on one fence line and Ruckus lives on the other. As you know, Eric and Elsie are my best mates and I play with them often, either at my place or their's.


Ruckus on the other hand, would have me for breakfast given half the chance, but I can bark louder and for longer. Luckily, there's a fence between us. I can tell when he's out, a good border patroller knows these things. As soon as I know he's there, I go off my rocker barking, giving my own meaning to the word ruckus. Over the years, She has trained me to Be Quiet, but I have to get the command, and the last bark in, before I'll Be Quiet.


When I am allowed out in my Adventure Playground, I like to spy on him through my "Wilson" Hole. I have quite a good view of his yard (see left). He doesn't pay me any attention, but I like to let him know I'm there. That usually gets me sent back inside, but it's worth it!

See, I have no doubt that I upset Ruckus' Pack with my protracted barking, and for that I am somewhat ashamed. But not enough to quit barking altogether when he's in the yard! At some point, Ruckus' pack cottoned on the fact that I'll do pretty much anything for food. So if I wouldn't shut up, they were going to do it for me! They bribe me shamelessly with biscuits, and who I am to turn down a biscuit opportunity.

And so back to the present. There She was working hard, and I was on patrol. I saw Ruckus, and started barking. Of course, I wasn't going to pay any attention to Her instructions to keep quiet. I barked until Ruckus' Pack Leader gave me my biscuit. That was not a good move. She got to me and the biscuit before I could finish it. See, I get Ruckus sized biscuits and it takes me a while to finish them off. I think that's part of their plan, because it keeps me quiet for longer of course.

Anyway, She took the remains of the biscuit away for later distribution in portions. She made me write a sorry for barking and thank you letter to Ruckus for sharing his biscuits. What She didn't know is I put some of my own smaller biscuits in a bag with my letter through the "Wilson" hole for Ruckus' Pack Leader to give me. See, She threatened not to give me dinner if She caught me with a Ruckus sized biscuit again, and I have to say, the thought just leaves me cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home