20070603

Woeful Westie

Somehow I hurt my foot. It all swelled up and I licked it lots and it got all red and angry and He almost fainted and She rushed me off to see Dr Scott late in the evening and I was hungry and miserable and I just wanted my dinner! She wouldn't give it to me because She said what if I need an operation to fix it and I didn't care, I just wanted my dinner.

Dr Scott was busy and we waited a long time. He shaved my foot to have a good look and it didn't hurt too much and he couldn't see any Foreign Bodies, so he gave me some antibiotics which I wolfed down because I was so hungry I ate everything that came my way including all the liver bits they all kept feeding me because I was being so good. It pays to be good 'cos generally it means I get treats.

So my old Elizabethan Collar didn't fit anymore, thank goodness - I had to wear it when I was 6 months old and got desexed so I wouldn't lick my wound. So Aunt Amanda (Eric and Elsie's Pack Leader) has lent me a shoe so I won't lick my foot. I'm getting better with the shoe too! I didn't like it at first, but now I can go up and down the stairs and of course, it doesn't hold me back when I dash off and go bark at Ruckus next door.


They took me to see Dr Chris to have my foot checked today and he says its OK, its a little gland between my toes that secretes wax to waterproof my feet which probably got blocked and swelled up and infected from me licking it. Whew, no operation then and I won't have to miss any meals. So I have 2 weeks of antibiotics. I get about 3 foot spas a day in warm salty water and then it gets padded dry and put back in the shoe. I get lots of cuddles and the more mournful I look, the more They fuss over me and the more treats I get. Things could be worse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home