20070621

Noisy Barker

Yep that's me. I have lots to say so hear goes (that's one of my better puns in case you thought I made a spelling error in my haste to get it all down)
So firstly, I'm a LOT better since my operation on my foot. It's a little cold, because Dr Scott shaved off all the hair and She said it looked like a turkey foot! She shouldn't talk though, She's got funny feet Herself.

The only problem is, I can't climb up and down stairs anymore without freaking out and performing my best act - Noisy Barker. So She put in an emergency call to Meg at Training with Love and now we have made some modifications to the stairs. Much to Her chagrin, there is Miracle Grip taped to the stairs to give me more confidence. She did it very neatly but She grumbles and says it looks tacky. Anyway twice a day She makes me play a game called stair climbing and we go up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and I get lots of treats if I do it. So I'm getting better, but I still won't go up and down by myself. The next step is to fill in the risers with cardboard, but She's holding out from doing that because She said She's not modifying the whole house for a dog that has been going up and down the stairs for nearly 3 years already! So I'm trying hard and the treats are worth it for sure!

Then, my best mates Eric and Elsie were having their Adventure Playgrounds installed and so to stop them from helping too much, they came to play at my house quite a lot. It was great! Sometimes they tease me by leaving me out of their games, but I make so much noise about it, they've got no choice but to play with me too.



Elsie got hold of Onslow, so we just picked on him for a while...








But I've saved the best for last! Today I was out hunting and I brought home a Big Prize - not a Larry, but a Lola Lorakeet. I carried it with pride all the way up the path and into my yard. She came running outside shrieking Oh My G-d and then a frantic "leave it" which made me drop it at Her feet in surprise, feathers flying everywhere! I didn't understand exactly why my contribution was not being appreciated. She picked me up and took me inside and called Dr Chris immediately. Next thing, Lola was being scooped up into a Poo Bag and dumped unceremoniously into the Bin. I didn't have to have my mouth washed out, Thank Goodness, but She picked off the feathers that were tickling my nose. Unfortunately, She was so freaked out that She didn't didn't let me near the camera, so this was one prize catch that got away - you know the "It-Was-This...-Big..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home