20071117

Winners and Grinners

Well Folks

I've been inordinately busy since my birthday on 20 October 2007. So much to do, so little time - so I'll start at the beginning...

First, my 6 degrees of separation story. Hamill got a new home. Now remember just a few short weeks ago, Hamill came to play with me while he was staying with his cousins, my best mates, Eric and Elsie? Shortly after that, Hamill needed a new home. As heartwrenching as that sounds, the good news is, Hamill's a Grinner and his new Pack are Winners!

See, when my Packleaders go snowboarding, They get Cath to look after me. Having Cath look after me, is like being at Eric and Elsie's - no matter how thick the Maggie Manual She leaves for Cath with all the Rules about how to look after me, and believe me it gets thicker every year, I do what I please for the whole time They're away. Even better, generally, I get lots of treats for the things I'd usually be in trouble for... (our secret!)

So anyway, I digress. Over the years, when she's been here to stay, Cath has had to ask Eric and Elsie's Pack Leader to get me off her hands a few times, and in the course of despairing over how to deal with me while They're away, they have become friends themselves. So when Hamill needed a new home, Cath's Pack agreed it's hard not to love the little fella, and so just like that, he went from one of my favorite Packs to another. Cool huh! And we all plan to play together soon!

Now, the next thing that happened is that I've been busy dealing with correspondence and organising the Westies on Parade Walk which is tomorrow! There are lots of wonderful prizes , thanks to our sponsors. I put up a post online and we got a mention in the local paper. We also got invited to go to the WHWT Xmas Party, but I can't go because I've got a busy December coming up!

I organised for my Pack to take me to the beach again, and so we're heading up the coast to some Pet Friendly Accomodation. She's been grumbling about how much She needs a rest and how long it is still until the rest from me (when They go snowboarding) and how if it weren't for me She could go home and visit Her friends and I couldn't take it anymore. So I hopped on line and made the arrangements. We're all Grinners here, I get my beach holiday and She gets a break. Cool huh! I'll let you know when I get back if it was a Winner...

And finally, although October was hot and ugly, November has been blessedly cool. Winning already... but She was the Grinner. She made Him haul me off to Teagan at 4 Paw (I don't really mind because its a Play Date too, after the inconvenient truth of having my hair shorn off) and They had their last laugh. They didn't remind her Not to put a bow in my hair, and lo and behold, I came out looking like a Grrl. Hrrmph. Anyway, She got the photo opportunity and then it came out. I have to say, I did Love the color (a lovely summery watermelon pinky red), but what Lizard is going to take me seriously with a bow in my hair!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home