20071231

Maggie's Challenge for 2008

I've been a little bit lazy about blogging. Its not because nothing's been happening, but because well, I've been enjoying hanging out, chasing Larry's (lizards), demanding attention from Them, and generally just having a blast.

I've been to the beach a couple of times too, north to Sunrise Beach,







and south to Kingscliff!








But I've taken time out from my summer vacation to show that this Philanthropooch is always thinking of new ways to make a difference. My next plan is to issue a challenge to all my 4 legged friends to do good. You know how Westie Walkers raised $291.70 at Westies on Parade for GDQ? Well, I think we can do better! In fact I know we can!

So, for the whole of 2008 until our final Westie Walkers Walk, I am going to raise money myself! I have declared that every time I poop on command or stop barking on command, a notation will be made in my Personal Notebook. At the end, I will count all my marks. For each mark I earn 50c. I reckon I can make a small fortune. I'm generally well behaved, and with a little extra effort on my part, and driven by the incentive to help others, there's no reason why She should be the only one to benefit from my good behavior.

Granted She has expended a lot of time, money and effort on my Good Behavior Education, but well, as JFK once said “Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation.”

So, my challenge to the Westie (and Wannabe Westie) Nation for 2008 is: "What will you do to benefit others in 2008?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home