20080104

It Never Rains but it Pours

I'm 3 and a bit and I have Never seen rain like this before. The paper said that there is no drought: the weather systems have all changed and we'll just have to get used to hot, dry conditions. Well, admittedly that's a few 100K south of here, but up until (hmm when did the sun last shine? I can't quite remember, but it was last year...) a couple of weeks ago, the same could be said for here. But now, it just won't stop raining and I have not had a decent walk for days!! And it doesn't look like getting better any time soon. I just lay on my deck watching the yard get soggier and soggier. And I hate having to pee on wet grass in the rain!

Consequently, She has found it hard to keep me entertained and exercised. I worry a lot that She'll reduce my food allowance to take account of my shortened and infrequent walks. Yesterday I was desperate for a Pooscapade and asked very nicely. They took me but on the way back a shower came through and we got soaked. I refused to walk because the puddles were deep, there was a hurricane up my behind, and I couldn't see from my wet hair dangling in my face. So She grumbled at me, but She carried me under the umbrella He was dutifully holding (She's a princess too) until the shower passed. Let me tell you, none of us were happy!

My toys don't do it for me by Day Whatever number it is....







So She asked Eric and Elsie's Pack Leader if there was a spare hound that could come over and play with me. See, little Max is having a vacation over at their house while his pack are elsewhere, so there's 3 of them and 1 of me. Poor little Max is a somewhat neglected pooch and he is a little bit unsure around other dogs. Over the years, when he has come to stay at Eric and Elsie for vacation, he gets all his meals and lots of play and cuddles, but he has a very sad face.

Unfortunately, I disgraced myself on Wednesday when I went over to play as per usual with Eric and Elsie. I got very excited when He dropped me off first thing in the morning. I was a little boisterous and got into a blarney with Max and Eric joined in and the fur flew and the barks got louder and within minutes, I got shoved straight back in my crate and unceremoniously dumped back at at home all by myself as They dashed off to work (now late) for the day! I admit I deserved it, but I was ready to make amends - after that many days of rain, with no walks and no play date, I'd do anything for some 4 legged company...

So Eric and Elsie's Pack Leader offered for Max to come play. Now Max had come to play before, but it was my chance to make up for the other day, so I did. She supervised a bit, but then Max and I had a great time for a few hours.

After Max went home She took me on a road trip for my alfalfa supplement, so I got to have a walk in an undercover car park after the shopping was done. She also made me run up and down the stairs practising my "come", "sit" and "stay" for turkey treats. It's quite a high intensity workout, but the reward is worth it. It also meant I need an afternoon nap while She grumbled about the state of the floors as She cleaned the house - a week of rain with a dog doesn't need much explaining...

Anyway, then I asked nicely if I could go hunting for Larrys for a while even though it was drizzling. She said OK and let me out into Wet and Wild (My Adventure Playground as I knew it has been transformed). Unfortunately, I turned up looking like this (see left) and She wouldn't let me in the newly cleaned house.

Fortunately, He showed up soon after, took me for a short walk and tossed me in the tub so She'd let me back in! So now, I'm clean, the house is clean and my slate is clean for having played nicely with Max. And I'm knackered and I got all my dinner and so now I'm going to sleep!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home