20080601

Wayward Westie

Hello (said sheepishly). I have been in a lot of trouble lately. And I'm a bit nervous. She threatened to rehome me (She's been quite successful lately, what with Whiskey and Casper getting Pack Leaders from Westie Walker members in the last month or so).

The alternative plan is to put me on the sidewalk in my crate with a sign saying "Free Dog Looking for a Home" (given that She was similarly successful with 4 pot plants recently). But because I'm so troublesome, She isn't so sure that would work, so the sign might say "Will Pay to Relocate"... He says He might get me a citronella bark collar. The options aren't looking good either way!

Now in my defence, the reason I am being so Annoying is that ever since my nemesis Ruckus moved to Runaway Bay, the house next door has been taken over by Kids and Onyx, a black labrador puppy. Every Friday, Onyx's friend Ollie comes for a weekend sleepover and they're allowed to play all night up and down the fence line and in the yard, which they do...as you would. Ollie barks Really Loud and Scary - worse than Ruckus ever did!

Anyway, I'm supposed to sleep at night, but they keep me up and give me frights and make me bark and bark and bark and bark and bark and, well, you get the idea. So They aren't getting any sleep and it does take me quite a while to be certain we aren't in any immediate danger. Max (my NBF, but in the house on the other side) also thinks Onyx and Ollie are scary and he barks too sometimes, so it isn't just me.

Problem is, I've been barking at Onyx and Ollie in the day too. And also at the new dogs 2 doors down, who are the only dogs in the street to bark more than me. They live where Shorty the horse was living; but he's moved on now, and so when I see them playing in Shorty's old paddock, I kinda want to let them know I can. So all in all, She's had enough of me.

But not enough so's we haven't had any fun. Last week She and I got to baking yappetisers from the Three Dog Bakery book that She got from Her favorite bookstore for me, but hadn't got to using yet. A couple of weeks ago we baked Little Eataly Meatballs (chicken and cheese) - I supervised the preparation; monitored the cooling phase; and performed the taste test - see photo series!

Today we baked Spanielkopita (spinach and cheese). I make little parcels to take over to Eric, Elsie and Max because She says the Book says they only keep for 3 days in the fridge and I can't eat them all on my own. You can freeze and thaw them, but my lamb, chicken wings and veggie patties take up so much space in the freezer, She said No Way Jose! Anyway, She likes the spinach snacks, so I hope I get some anyway! I'm going to try and be good, but I don't know....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home