20080903

Hoo Boy... Confession time

This my Good Behaviour Pose. She demanded I get back on line and finish my August wrap up! She said it was all very well to tell everyone about all the fun I had in August, but that it wasn't complete without an honest account of all the trouble I caused too... So here goes.



The first bad thing I did was Not-Come-When-Called-In-The-Dog-Park. See She planned this whole girls' morning out and packed me willingly into my crate and into the car and down the road and even managed to sweet talk her way through a road closure (I gave a little yap from the back to back up her story that we were just going to the dog park and didn't know the road was closed). Anyway, we got there and She bundled me out and off we trotted to the park. Well, I got to playing and sniffing and peeing and checking out the other dog park visitors and just generally having a good time. It was early, and after a while the other dogs started to leave. She had already done a test recall to get me, and I flew across the park like a bullet to where She was standing. But She knew I was not on my best behaviour and I have to admit, I was feeling Very Cheeky. The long and the short of it was I wouldn't go close enough for her to put my lead on. She tried every trick in the book, but because I knew She didn't have treats, there was No Way I was going to obey. Eventually, and it was some time later because Everyone Else had long gone, She left the Park and hid to see what I would do. I did catch a bit of a fright because I didn't know where She'd gone, but not enough to make me come when She finally returned to get me. She got Very Mad! I was in Her bad books for about 2 weeks, and I tell ya, it wasn't pretty. Now She says, I love you (...but I haven't forgotten what you did in the dog park).



The second bad thing I did was up the barking ante to the point where She got Tabitha to come and tell Her what to do. Just as well, because after the dog park incident, I was this close to being left on the sidewalk with a "Will pay to take dog" sign, although She did say She didn't have enough money for that to be successful... Tabitha came for 2 hours and of course, I remember her well from all the levels of obedience class I was dragged off to when I was younger. So I was on my Very Best Behaviour and She couldn't really show Tabitha how bad I'd been. But after listening to Her for a while, Tabitha saw right through me and told Her what She had to do to make me curb my propensity to express myself vocally. So now I've been Tabitha'd and I'm pleased to report I've been working hard on Bark Control. And She says She loves me (...but She hasn't forgotten what I did in the dog park).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home